12.08.2010

* Having some problems with the image links. Will fix asap.*

After many hours of work, I've finally completed my poster for Mannheim Steamroller! It has been quite a process, but the result was well worth it.

In my previous post, i briefly went over my process for the first half of the assignment. Well, here's a look at how the final illustration progressed from beginning to finish:

I started the piece out by laying down flat colors underneath the line layer. I keep the flats all in one layer, at separate values or colors from the one next to it. This allows me to select each shape with the magic wand tool, allowing me to apply any changes without affecting any areas outside of the selection. This makes applying textures and gradients to a certain area very quick and easy. Once I got everything laid out, I started adjusting colors and values along with adding some simple gradients. I then began laying in the more subtle details and textures throughout the piece until I arrive at this point:

The final illustration! Really pleased with how it turned out. There is always room for improvement, but for now I will be proud and bask in it's bright and shiny christmas glory! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment