4.04.2011


Some progress on fairy tale #3, Beauty and the Beast.
A lot of illustrations done in the past portray the death of the Beast. It is a very powerful and emotional moment in the story. For my interpretation, I wanted to illustrate not only his death but his transformation as well. In my interpretation, Belle's tears and confession of love cause the Beast's curse to melt and peel off from his body. The spell then burns into a magical aura, slowly revealing the prince.

After many hours of preliminary sketches and studies, I'm finally ready to begin the final illustrations of these 3 fairy tales! There's a possibility that I can get them done in time for Directions, which would be AWESOME. Just gotta stay focused...

:D

1 comment:

  1. i love the thought you put into your piece, and i really hope you get the three done for directions, i'll be rooting for you.^_^

    ReplyDelete