9.16.2011

New Illustration: Aviator


It's Done!

It took awhile, but I finally got this finished. Between finding a new apartment, traveling to Columbus back and forth AND a trip to chicago, I have been working diligently on getting this piece to be the best that it can be. As mentioned in the previous post, this illustration has a little more than just graphite and photoshop. This time around I used watercolor washes and colored pencil to add texture to the clouds as well as make custom brushes for certain effects. It took A LOT of time and trial and error (which is why I didn't even attempt to bother with this during school) but I am very pleased with the final results.

Next post I will show some of the process of this illustration from the initial sketch to the final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment